The Dublin International Game Music Festival

The Dublin International Game Music Festival
The iDIG Music Fest - Click on the image to go to our website!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gladys Knight, Best Seats in the House!

One of the great things about being a conductor - you get the best seats in the house.

This past April I had the pleasure of opening for, and then accompanying "The Empress of Soul" herself, Ms. Gladys Knight, for three shows with The Pacific Symphony.  I was so captured by Ms. Knight's performance, it was hard to remember I had a job to do as well!  She is truly amazing!

I opened the shows with my "Orchestral Mix Tape," an eclectic collection of some of my favorites including Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man," Bernstein's "Overture to Candide," Debusy's "Clair De Lune," and even my husband Craig's orchestral tone poem based on AC/DC's "Back in Black" (I told you it was eclectic!).

And what a pleasure it was to work with Gladys's  band under the direction of the amazing De'Miyon Hall.

Gladys, Eímear and my Madi
Bubba Knight!
De'Miyon Hall, Eímear, Yuko Tamura

No comments:

Post a Comment